Thursday, January 12, 2012

A summer pastime to get me through January

Soon after Kyle's diagnosis I had the thought I wanted to take Kyle to many baseball games at places throughout the US. That was back in 2004, and we went to our first game in Chicago.

I remember the day well it was a Saturday afternoon. Kyle walked back and forth in the row we were in for the first four innings then he fell asleep until the 7th inning and because of the nap we were able to stay for the whole game. That was our first game, but to this point it was also our last.

Baseball has always been near and dear to my heart. One of the best memories of my childhood was the first time I went to Boston to see the Red Sox play when I was ten.

Summer equaled time spent playing, watching, and going to baseball games. Throughout my childhood and adulthood my seasons have been thought around the baseball schedule.

As time past on I thought going to baseball games with Kyle would be one of our traditions but after that first game I haven't made the time.

I was reminded today of our first game by a picture I found while going through some old pictures.

As we experience the first snow of the year, I am reminded of summer and even as we experienced much last year a baseball game has to be part of our plans for this year.

Not having went back to New England in 5 years maybe it is time to take Kyle to Fenway Park for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment