Wednesday, April 25, 2018

No muscular dystrophy in heaven

As Jill Kyle and I drove down to Indy this morning to a regular doctors visit at Rileys we were talking about new procedures, advancements, and ideas that doctors may bring up.
Jill said but nothing can stop the muscle deterioration though. Well one thing can.
Kyle said yes I will be healed when I get to heaven.
I wonder and ask has my faith been changed because of Kyle? The answer is obviously yes but the bigger question is it for the good or bad?
Faith is easily shaped by personal experiences and a lens to make things make sense in our own world.
But more importantly thinking through truths that are more solid than just ones experience.
I have no idea how supernatural physical healing works. I do not want to discount it but at the same time not wanting to waste my and Kyle's life away waiting for something miraculous. Years can be wasted with him thinking hes cursed a mistake imperfect and useless because of his disease if all we do is talk and pray for physical healing.
We believe God has intervened and provided Kyle with many medical procedures especially in the last year. Is the disease eventually going to beat him in his body? Yes just like someday I and everyone else is going to die.
In the end each day we view as a blessing. Every morning  when Kyle wakes up and says top of the morning to Ya (not you he corrected me) those are special blessed days. 
Someday in the future we have faith in Kyle being perfect in physical health but in the meantime we live learn and are blessed by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment